A few days ago I was decorating for Independence Day when I realized just how little I had to work with. Short on decorations, short on time, but not short on determination... I went to work making this pretty flag garland in just minutes! And now I'd like to share this really easy recipe with you. :)
All you need is a sheet of paper and a printer, a length of ribbon or string, scissors and glue.
- Print the flags above by clicking on them. A new page with nice big flags will open up (it may take a minute...they're high quality so they won't print fuzzy). You can print them straight from that page.
- Using your scissors, cut out the flags.
- Decide where you'd like to hang your garland and measure and cut ribbon or string to your desired length.
- Fold your flags in half, coat one half with glue, then place ribbon or string in the crease and press two flag halves together.
- Continue until you've got enough flags for your garland. You can measure the distance between flags for consistent placement or let them stagger.
- Hang over windows, around a patriotic tree, over a mirror, or over a doorway (like I did). Enjoy! :)
This project is so simple and makes a nice patriotic impact!