Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Cabinet

As promised (although a day late), I have new photos of the goodies in my china cabinet! :) This is where I keep many of my favorite vintage finds. I did a post on it a while back last year when I first got my cabinet and since then I've added lots more goodies!

This is the deer and fawn figure I got the other day in Acadia..I thought it looked charming perched in front of my blue butterfly planter filled with my favorite millinery.

These twin storks are early spun cotton. They are quite tall and so soft and in such good condition!

This beauty was made by a talented friend. I have a few more of his pieces and intend to collect even more. He is a little shy about his work but one of these days I'd love to do an entire post filled with photos of his lovely pieces.

These two pieces you've probably seen before. Melfie made the pretty party hat and Laurie from Magpie Ethel made the Valentine's Day Girl. Love them both!

These are spun cotton cuties found on ebay.

This too was an ebay find...a little hard to come by and a bit of a splurge, but it was worth it! I'm such a sucker for cotton and paper and I just love how happy this couple looks. I plan to display my wedding cake topper collection at my own wedding!

I love egg cups and I love filling them!

The kitty in the forefront has been around since I was a little kid. My mom either made it or got it from a craft fair back in the 80's...such memories! The blue kitty I've had for at least 5 or 6 years. The first kitty needed a friend....although he still looks sad...

I just LOVE these two dapper bunnies. They have spun cotton heads and crepe paper suits...my two favorite materials! They are really hard to find...if anyone knows where I can find more, please let me know! :)

For some reason I don't really like Avon things...but who could resist this gorgeous bird sitting on a nest? It's milk glass (my favorite kind of glass) and the lid comes off so you can store little cotton balls or what have you. Next on my wish list is this pretty bird on a nest.

This little vintage made-in-Japan bird looks like a cookie, but I wouldn't try eating it if I were you! It gracefully hangs on the outside knob. The perfect finishing touch! The end!

6 comments:

barbara said...

Just recently found your blog via Laurie of Magpie Ethel - your cabinet is gorgeous, and exactly what I'm looking for (and in reading the original post about it, exactly the right price.) It looks just great.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

This is one of those cabinets I could just open the doors to, pull up a stool and just sit and gaze at. Such happy stuff. Love those dapper bunnies - haven't seen those before. I have one of those storks and love mine too. Fun stuff..thanks for sharing (and thrilled to see the Valentine gal in such a happy place) XO

Mippie said...

Oh, Crystal! Your cabinet and it's amazing contents are absolutely dreamy! I'd love to pull up a stool right next to Laurie and gaze... So tickled to be a little part of something so beautiful! xo-Melfie PS-I am also quite tickled that we're both part of Heather's Halloween Ornament swap!!!

mimi k said...

I love the storks best!

Georgia Peachez said...

Love that cabinet and all those wonderful goodies! xo, suzy

natalea said...

everything is just beautiful!
xo natalea