Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of those Dad's out there! I hope they're having a great time fishing, golfing, relaxing and opening up all sorts of thoughtful gifts! My own wonderful Dad was gifted with this embroidered pillow made by yours truly. :)

I embroidered the faces of my siblings and I to remind him of the children he has that love him so dearly.

My Dad is a rough and tough cowboy (literally, he's a dairy farmer) with few needs or wants and is rather impossible to shop for. (Give him a bed, a hot meal and an old truck and he's happy.) An embroidered pillow isn't exactly the first thing that comes to mind if you know my Dad, but he loves his children and he loves to lay his head on something while he falls asleep on the couch at night...so why not combine the two?

The best part? This zippered closure isn't talented sewing on my part...it's the fly of an old skirt! I just cut and sewed it strategically and stuffed the pillow through the fly. Yay!

Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a very beautiful and thoughtful gift for your rancher dad! very sweet crystal! (also LOVE how you ingeniously used the skirt to make it.) on another note..i was at Nesting's 5th b'day party celebration yesterday. Was telling Melissa and Amy how i follow your blog and etsy shop AND that we almost met in Brimfield, yada,yada, yada...pointed out the french pushplate you purchased at brimfield from them and how you blogged abpout it all. they were thrilled. did you get to stop in and enjoy the festivities? their shop looks AMAZING these days (well..it laways does)...a sweet new shop opened up just next door called Studio B that you would really like as well. ok...enough already! Happy fatehr's day to your dad!

Fraske Designs said...

what a great idea!!!

Sharon said...

Well Done!