Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 11 of Twelve Days of Christmas

I went around the house the other like the paparazzi snapping photos of all of my fabulous displays! I'm too lazy to set up a tripod for each shot, so bear with the half blurry, half clear photos...

The photo above shows my pretty glistening village on top of the TV thingy.

A giant Santa goes roaming through the town ringing his bell and scary children...(hehe)

A modest deer and a family of snowmen grace the nooks and crannies.

A full green forest grew just over night on top of the DVD shelf...I just love it!

The spun cotton tree and the feather tree hang out together on the dining room table. I didn't hang anything too breakable, just because of the curious kittens. Knock on wood, they've been good so far!

Vintage gnomes and Santa's hang from the branches, many of which hadn't seen the light of day for a while because I wasn't decorating with red the last few years. Now that I haven't had it for a while, I really need it! Red accents in a light airy room are just perfect!

A log cabin church doubles as a smoke house, high on the snowy Alps (aka, overturned milkglass).

I didn't even see this neat mushroom globe ornament until I unpacked it. I bought the whole box and just put it away without really looking through it. I love surprises like that! Thank you me! :)






What a heard of reindeer. Poor Santa can't even keep up!

More details of my feather tree ornaments. Russian cardboard ornaments are abundant on this tree!

And my antique spun cotton and crepe paper treasures never cease to put a smile on my face.

As do the dresden and glass ornaments. Look at the fine glass bird cage...can you believe it's survived all these years?! I saw it in a guidebook and it's quite rare apparently! Not bad for a $1 box of ornaments!

And duckies are one of my favorites.

My main tree isn't quite what it was last year.... Bins and bins of glass ornaments were never even opened. It was for their own protection. The kitties have been fairly good so far, but they have climbed the tree several times already. Another year of training and I shouldn't have to worry too much. The glass will be out again next year!

I did have a surprising amount of non breakables though...I love them just as much!

I had a lot of fun with my dining room cubby nook this year. In addition to my usual putz village, I also added a vignette of Santa's, gnomes, bottle brush wreaths and trees and a few glass ornaments. One of the pieces in this photo is the first little gift Ben ever bought me. I found it at a yard sale when we were in college for 50 cents and he gave me the two quarters to buy it. Can you guess which piece it is? A hint: It's a little different from the rest!

Vases filled with icicles and yummy vintage sprigs.

The angel visits one house while Santa visits another.

Ben's gift is pictured here too. Which one is it??

I had so much fun decorating the house this year. I hope you enjoy my little tour! We'll do it again...same place, next year. :)

4 comments:

Maija said...

ust beautiful Crystal!! Merry Christmas!

Dawn said...

I'm new to your blog, Crystal.
Just purchased one of your white and one red owls.

Love the owls and love the blog.

Merry Christmas and God bless you, Ben and the kitties.

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

So much vintage fun! If I were there, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from poking around!

Merry Christmas!

Jill

BRANDI MILNE said...

So Beautiful - it blew the hair off my head!! I love love love vintage ornaments, a little too much, so I love this post!!

xoxoxox, Brandi