Monday, May 14, 2012

Yard Sale!

  This past weekend Ben and I set up shop in front of our house and sold most of the junk that had been clogging basement.

What a sweet relief is was to not have to deal with THIS anymore!  lol

As Ben and I have been fixing up each of the rooms in our house, we are figuring out what we need to keep and what we need to get rid of.  All last fall and winter long I've been adding stuff to a great pile in the middle of our basement.  Like a hoarders stash.  I've been adding to it and it's been getting bigger and bigger and spreading out.  Finally, when the basement was about to burst, we dragged it all out onto the lawn and thank goodness didn't have to drag much back in!  The rest will go to auction soon.  

We replaced all the hangers in our closet with those nice velvet ones...the old hangers were bought for almost nothing by a church lady wanting them for her thrift store.  The bird cage in the bottom corner I gave away for free because the cats knocked down and broke the whole bottom plastic piece.  Plus I built the birds a big aviary (I'll have to share photos of it soon!), so they certainly didn't need it anymore.  

Our old dining room table that served us well but blinded me with it's awful orange wood color went on to bigger and better places.  All of those vintage dishes I had collected for our wedding.  Some sold but most will be going to the auction.  

Same with the glasses from our wedding...sooooo many glasses!

Junky Christmas stuff and a pile of neon stuff animals.  The skate board was my backup board when I was in college (I always skated to class) and the little girl who bought it for a buck was soooo elated to find it.  Her mom said she'd wanted one for years but they were always too expensive in the stores.  She rode up and down the driveway sitting on it while her mama shopped.  If I had known she'd get to much joy from it so quickly, I wouldn't have taken her quarters! 

I had bought these masks for Ben at a Boston yard sale years ago.  Luckily he didn't love them that much and we sold them for a tiny profit.  

I love yard sales!  Both going and giving!

And thank you so much to everyone who found something endearing at last weeks update.  It was so much fun and I can't wait for the next one!  Patriotic this time...

No comments: