Friday, June 13, 2008

Time to Share...

Here I go! Ready to jump into the big ocean of blogging! I finally decided to take the plunge when about two weeks ago I was getting really giddy about a majolica frog pitcher, a vintage paper weight with a hand painted sailor dude, and a whole mess of vintage millinery flowers I’d just purchased. I had everything all spread out on my dining room table and I called my truly very loving better half, Ben, over to check out my loot with me. He gave my precious treasures a quick once over and grunted with recognition before swiftly turning around and leaving the room. At that moment I realized that I needed to share my enthusiasm for vintage, unique and creative things with people who really appreciate it. I know these people are out there. I’ve read their blogs and enjoyed looking at their fabulous new vintage loot. I also realized the best way to reach them was to create a blog of my own. A place where I can proudly display everything that makes my heart flutter. Hopefully I’ll be able to inspire others the same way others have inspired me.

To start off with, I’ll show you that loot from two weeks ago. That beautiful frog pitcher that perfectly matches my frog salt and pepper shakers (what a deal I got on it too!). Those generous bunches of vintage millinery flowers that I plan on using in my creations and sharing with others. And that awesome paper weight. I got these items on our most recent trip to New York City. I went to the tail end of an awesome flea market where I found the paper weight and met an English antique dealer who had an Australian accent. I went to the sweetest little boutique in Brooklyn where I couldn’t resist the frog pitcher and also got a cute postcard for my friend in Germany. And then I finally got to go to the fabulous Tinsel Trading Company in Manhattan where I bought the millinery flowers. A great trip that reaped some fabulous rewards!


Me in awe at the Tinsel Trading Company...

2 comments:

Jen**SugaredSongbird** said...

Great to meet you! I am in awe of anyone who gets to go to Tinsel Trading Co. Love your etsy work, finally have my first piece coming!

have a lovely said...

yep...we could be great friends...I WANT to go to Tinsel Trading and I have the frog set...salt and pepper and the pitcher...i just LOVE their colors!!