Thursday, March 24, 2011

Going Away Party

In this photo clockwise from left: Me; Laura Collins of Pansy Maiden and ceramic artist Arthur
Halvorsen;
Diane Ivey of Lady Dye Fiber Arts; Jessica Burko stitching a garland piece as a paper quilt; fiber artist Sharon Fischer

Last week Boston Handmade threw a going away party for me at Jessica Burko's South End studio. I was honored and moved by the super sweet send off and it was great seeing everyone all together. Boston Handmade has been an amazing part of my creative life for the past....I don't even know how many years. I've made some wonderful friends and was able to gain lots of experience through all the different shows that were put on and got lots of amazing advice and hopefully gave some too. I'll miss everyone, but I can't leave Boston without leaving with permanent ties and will be back often to enough to check in. :)

Jessica, who is a paper quilt artist, organized everyone into making a paper quilt garland for me as a super special and super sweet going away gift. I really really love it and can't wait to put it up in my new studio!!

Awesome party! Thank you so much Boston Handmade!!

Photos by Jessica Burko and Kerry Hawkins

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how sweet. i am sure they will be your life-long friends! the garland is gorgeous!

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

Fun party, we will miss you but I am excited for you, too