Thursday, December 1, 2011

John Derian and Martha Stewart

If you've ever been, you'll know that the John Derian Co. is an amazing store. And I don't just say that because I've been lucky enough for them to carry my spun cotton goodies there, but because they have a unique array of things that one would buy strictly for fun. Not to mention you just might get to spot a celebrity shopping there (Rachel Ray bought some of my mom's logs and I got a report that Carolyn Kennedy was scoping out the goods a short time ago). I've yet to visit the store during the holiday season and was bummed to hear that Martha Stewart wasn't having a holiday craft show this year, but these photos just might provoke a holiday trip to the city just to be surrounded by mounds of ornaments and goodies.

Martha Stewart recently did a segment for her holiday special on John Derian's store and posted a collection of shop photos to her website (thanks Heather for letting me know about them!).

I caught a glimpse of these guys...unfortunately all of my holiday pieces are sold out for the season, but there should still be a good selection of animals as always!

Gasp! It's like a messy tree of piles upon piles of glass and glitter!

I love mushrooms just as much as the next person and these pretty figures are inspiring me to make my own variety of fungi.

Glass garland...can never have too much.

Shopping in a Christmas wonderland.... :)

4 comments:

Grace said...

I bought some of those beads from John Derian love them. I adore their tissue paper. I asked for an extra sheet and they gave me 10 lol. Love your snowmen. Grace xoox

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

those glass garlands are amazing.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

On my bucket list of spots to hit someday!

maria l. said...

En una tienda así creo que saldría sin un euro.
Increíble.
Me encanta