Monday, November 26, 2012

A Super Birthday Weekend!

What a weekend I just had!  A birthday extravaganza weekend to be more precise!  My sister Suzy and I celebrated our birthday's on Saturday (she turned 15, I turned....ahem...29).  And we certainly did make our birth"day" into an entire weekend!

On Friday we all took a hike at Moreau Lake, which Ben and I having been doing with Winnie almost every weekend for the last month and a half.  Suzy and I took a photo at the summit.  Then on Saturday we all hung out at the local Saratoga City Center Holiday show, which was fun and great and lots of cotton goodies found lovely new homes.  When it was time to pack up and haul everything to the car, between my mom and my sister Sara, Suzy and her friend Willow, we only took one trip!  Many hands make light work!  Then we were mall rats for an hour and half before we all filed into the movie theater to see Life of Pi.  An amazing movie to be sure...but too much animal suffering for my taste.  Then we had late night mall Chinese...yum!

Then yesterday Ben took me on a surprise shopping spree at one of my favorite local antique stores (best gift ever!!).  It's a converted house and has room after room of amazing finds!  And what made it even better, we unknowingly went during the holiday open house, where there were sales galore and finger foods in almost every room.  Snacking while shopping?  I was in heaven!  We were going to go to a buffet at the race track, but we ate too much at the antique store (who would have thunk?) so instead we had dinner at a delicious mom and pop restaurant down the road from my dad's farm and ate salads and brick oven pizza.  Then we topped the weekend off indulging in my guiltiest pleasure...watching the last Twilight movie!  There's so much moss and nice music in those movies!  I just love it!  lol

And here's what Ben and I picked out from the antique store:

 This fuzzy vintage mohair bunny was the crowning jewel of my birthday extravaganza weekend.  Ben spotted him first and it was love at first sight (for me that is)!  He's in amazingly good condition and the seller thought he was part of a window display at a store.  He's mine now!  :)

 I was drawn to this small bird pitcher right away...I love the look and it was made in Czechoslovakia, which is where my great grandparent's emigrated from.

 Some wonderful colorful Easter goodies!

 Vintage cotton birdies.

 This little set of bisque figures were meant for aquarium decor back in the day.  Maybe it will inspire me to redecorate my fish tank!

 I'm not a huge doll person, but this pretty little gal was too perfect to pass up.  I love that she's made of wood and her painted face is so so sweet.

 These were a bit of a splurge...but I'm a big sucker for anything made out of crepe paper.

Plus some of them came with tiny celluloid charms!  Amazing and oh so adorable!!

It was the most fun I've had on my birthday in a long long time!!  I am so lucky to have such great people in my life!  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Great show on Saturday.
As always a magical table filled with lovely goodies:)
Fran A.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Happy Birthday you young thing! Sounds like you spent the day doing everything you enjoy. Bunny is awesome!