Sunday, October 13, 2013

Spun Cotton in New York!

Some of our favorite pieces we'll be bringing to NY.  Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah, and everyday....  I also finally finished some non-cotton pieces I've been working on veeeeery slowly for the last 2 years.  The gourd men!  They are real dried gourds (grown by mom), with sculpted facial features and detailed paint work.  I really love them!!  I also love the characters on the houses...I'm very tempted to keep the twins in the top row....ooooohhh temptation!  There are three pieces (the pink and blue bird riders on the right and the kid on the santa head near the middle) that are made with antique milk glass Christmas light bulbs.  I found them at Brimfield this summer and it was hard not to keep them for myself...they are rare finds!  Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks of them!


Click to make bigger...and we hope to see you in New York!  :)

1 comment:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Pure talent. Wish I could see your show in person!