Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Introducing....

Kangaroo Mom and Baby! Aren't they adorable?! This summer I'm working on Halloween items, but I also wanted to make a series of everyday figures... You know, the kind you never have to put in storage to await the next holiday! My white cats, bats, and bunnies were a hit, so I decided to expand on that same style, but with new kinds of animals.

Well...there are ALOT of different kinds of animals...which ones should I make into little animal people? I was having a hard time deciding when Ben suggested that I do a kangaroo with a baby in its pouch. Genius! I made one so far and she came out great! Baby comes out of the pouch... unbend her tail and she stands on her own! She slips easily back into the pouch where she's safe and sound. They're for sale right now on Etsy.

I'll be making other new animals soon as well...although I'm still not sure what the next few should be. If anyone has any ideas...let me know! :)


1 comment:

sMacThoughts said...

OH my. Absolutely fantabulous!! Love this pair!