Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Make a Wish!

I wanted to show off my this spunky, brightly colored Queen Fairy. She was custom made for a lovely gal in Georgia.

I don't usually work with such bold colors all at once - they often remind me of the brightly colored plastic playground sets and 1980's Barbie dolls. Great for kids, but too much for me. However, a request is a request and this queenie had to be bold! Turns out that bright is working for her! I had a lot of fun making this one too. I've collected boldly colored materials over the past few years, but really wasn't sure that I'd ever use them...maybe just to add a hint of color here and there. I'm glad I did because when this order came in I had plenty to work with! :)

Well...looking at her smile, I'd say Ms. Queen is also pretty happy that I was able to break out of my anti-bright colors mode!

I think I'm a closet "bright is best" kind of gal. I love that rich pink. I use it generously on my website and branding materials, but hardly ever in large quantities in my work. Perhaps I'm turning a new leaf? Maybe you'll see the bolder side of me in the near future?

I didn't want to give this girlie up...but she enjoys the warmer weather any way.

Oh yeah! Don't forget to enter my giveaway! Just leave a comment on the post below this one. I'll be picking a comment at random late tonight and the lucky winner will be revealed tomorrow. Good luck and thanks for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

Judy said...

I love her, she is so sweet.