Monday, July 20, 2009

One afternoon I was a mermaid...


When I was a little tadpole, my mom would tell me stories about the time she was mermaid. She lived in the ocean until my grandfather, a scuba diver, found her and took her home. I was skeptical but still enchanted by her tall tales, for I myself, like so many little girls, longed to be a mermaid.

So when Heidi of Birds of a Feather and Janet invited me to Mermaid Cache, a wonderful workshop/tea party at Heidi's gorgeous home, I jumped at the chance! It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon under the trees. They had a gorgeous spread complete with old bottles, seashells, glitter, sand and delicious treats. There were 15 or 20 of us and we happily decorated these old bottles with said seashore materials. She also supplied wonderful mermaid images to use as the focal point of the piece, but Heather and I were a little rebellious and did monograms instead.

Photos above were taken by Janet and Heidi.


Al dente! We also did a little contest and mine won "Most Unique"! Yippee!!


Rosie helped us out a bit.




Now my pretty bottle lives in the bathroom with some of my other seaside treasures. Thank you so much Heidi and Janet for a wonderful little party!!

5 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Fun Party. Love the bottle...and of course yours one "most unique" - you have that great artistic eye! I may have to make one of those for my shell display - it turned out adorable. There is sure something magical about the mermaid world.

AmyB said...

Wow. What a fun fete! Your bottle is lovely and looks great in your grouping. - Amy Bauer

Birds of a Feather said...

Hi Crystal ~ I raised my kids telling them tales of mermaid's, they are so magical!

So glad you were able to come and join in the fun! It was wonderful to finally meet you (although I feel like I already had ~ blogs!)

Your bottle is beautiful and I hope "B" treasures it!

xo H

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a cute story from your mom!

sMacThoughts said...

that's beautiful!