Friday, September 25, 2009

Works in Progress

I've been working hard in my studio this week! There are little naked bodies everywhere and I'm busy trying to get them dressed! :)

This cat family is still naked, but at least they're smiling!

I know it's hard to see...but there are flying bats and dresden banners here. Even the little details take time to dry...and those tiny clamps really help keep things together in the mean time!

These pasty white bodies will be colorful and sparkling in no time!

This guy is finally done...a large Santa. Yes...I'm working on Christmas and Halloween pieces at the same time! I've actually been slowly but surely working on Christmas items all summer long...there just isn't enough time between Halloween and Christmas!

Okie doke...back to work! :)

4 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Love all the naked bodies in your studio....looks like a crazy party. I've been going back and forth from Christmas to Halloween too. Tis the season!

theresa said...

Yeah, me too with the back and forth holidays. Fun though! What a great peek into your process and I love the tart tins filled with glitter and trinkets! I've got those and muffin tins doing it for me.

Mary said...

Thanks for the "in progress" pics. It is always so interesting to see how things are made. And it is good for others to see how much time and effort go into your work! Just because you make it look easy, doesn't mean it is!!

BTW, do you paint each one of those bodies?!? Or do you dye the cotton first?

JammerSage said...

I love seeing your work in progress! All those little naked bodies are too cute.

Your Santa is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing. :)