Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm back!

I try my best not to neglect my blog too much, but this time I have a good reason...Ben and I went to Florida to visit his Grandma! We got back to a very rainy Boston yesterday and I've been catching up on orders and things for Easter ever since, but I wanted to take a few minutes to show you some pictures. Don't worry...there aren't tons. I'm not one to sit through looking at billions of double print vacation photos, so I won't do the same to you. :)


We spent one afternoon in the Everglades...a place I've always wanted to go. And it certainly didn't disappoint! I only wish we had more time to spend there. There was sooo much wildlife to see. Alligators, birds, turtles, etc.

A walk through the pine forest produced a gorgeous and quite large cone shaped snail that was a bit shy while he/she sat in my hand.

And I drooled over the air plants! I actually bought a small collection of them about a month or so ago and to see them in the wild was amazing! They grow in huge clusters on tree branches and don't need soil to thrive, in fact they die if they are in contact with soil! The tree in the photo above is covered in giant air plants...so cool!

We stayed in Miami where Ben's sweet Grandma lives during the winter months. I took this photo through the windshield while we were driving after a nice afternoon in South Beach and it reminds me of the rendering illustrations I used to use in the marketing brochures I created at my old job as a graphic designer for a real estate development firm...ah memories!

Ben appears to have perfect balance, but in fact I happened to snap this photo perfectly timed in between topples. :)

It was a fun trip and if you've gotten this far, thank you for looking at the photos! Pretty soon I'll show you the AMAZING treasures I picked up while browsing the antiques shops of Aventura!

2 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Welcome home...sounds like a fun trip! Looking forward to seeing your treasures. Please tell Ben I am very impressed with his balancing skills...Balancing Ben!

Birds of a Feather said...

welcome home lucky lady!
looks like you had a lovely time
xo heidi