Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Yes...I know I'm a day late...but I wanted to show you what I sent my mom without ruining the surprise for her. I had a hard time giving up this vintage chick hatching from a shell egg cup, but that's how much I love my mom! I also drew a pretty card with birds on it for my mom and for Ben's mom. Nothing says motherhood like a nest and some crying baby birds! :)

So while I wasn't able to see my mom yesterday, I was able to wish her a Happy Mother's Day...much earlier than I intended to actually. My little sister Suzy called me when I was still in bed and wanted to rally every one up to shout a happy mother's day to mom. She went to wake my other sister Sara who refused to get out of bed. After giving up on Sara, she knocked on my parent's door. My dad sleepily said to go away, but determined to surprise mom, my sister barged into their room, but then forgot to put me on speaker phone for the big moment. Needless to say her attempt was thwarted by multiple factors, but mom was still touched by the gesture.

Happy Mother's Day Mom! ...and all the other moms out there! :)

5 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

What a great story... you're wonderful daughter's I can tell!

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

such a sweet story

jone hallmark said...

I have a chick cup just like the one you gave your mom. I have a collection of those kind of egg cups. I love them.... they are part of my easter every year.

What a beautiful gift for your mom. I bet she was so pleased.
xo

April said...

Such a sweet drawing to go with the special egg cup!

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

If I had owned this dear little egg cup I would also have had a difficult time giving it as a gift. That is how you know that it is the perfect gift and that it is given from the heart! Maureen....