Monday, April 30, 2012

Garage Sale Buddy...

This past weekend was Ben's birthday (Happy Birthday honey!), and I invited all of our out of town friends up to our neck of the woods to surprise Ben...and boy was he surprised!  We spent two nights at our family cabin (which is not far from our house) filled with music, cake, and love.  

However...little did I know that I'd have a surprise too!  Our friend Elena asked to go garage saling on Saturday!  Heck yes!  We drove out through the woods, ready for a long trek to a place about 40 minutes away that I knew was having a town wide sale.  However, we got to the end of the driveway...and surprise!  Our first stop was a sale right across the street where Elena scored a vintage sewing caddy for 10 cents and got a trio of pretty porcelain birds.  We drove all over town and found quite a few good sales right in the beginning.  The second half of our trip was filled with mostly duds...but we had fun anyway.  Needless to say I'm sad that she won't be able to go with me next weekend!

No comments: