Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving goodness!

Yay! I'm so thrilled with being able to not only offer a fun collection of Hanukkah goodies, but also a nice collection of Thanksgiving goodies too!

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that really means a lot, but very often gets ignored in the decoration department. A big part of that is because good Thanksgiving goodies are hard to come by. For those of us who like to celebrate with a visual feast for the eyes as well as a yummy feast for the table...good decorations are a must! I've got a little collection of vintage Thanksgiving goodies that I'll show you a bit later. They inspired me to create this group to share with you. They are available in my Etsy shop now! :)

Pilgrim girls and boys dressed in classic black and white.

And we must not forget the important role our native american friends played in the ritual of the Thanksgiving feast!

I love the sweet little gal in the middle...a young girl excited about the prospects of a giant celebration!

Fringe and beads embellish this handsome duo.

And I have two little fun facts about myself and Thanksgiving. The first, is that I'm part native american! My great great grandmother was a full blooded Indian from the Delaware tribe! And the second fun fact...I was born on Thanksgiving Day! Which also means that my birthday is coming up soon! :)

11 comments:

Amanda Lee said...

These are just about the cutest things I've seen for Thanksgiving! Thanks for creating a visual feast!

Swirly Designs said...

Love the Thanksgiving goodies My Birthday too is around Thanksgiving:)

Walter Silva said...

Super cool!

Mary B. in Texas said...

I love them all but have missed getting most of them. What is the white stuff on the little pilgrim boy's costume? Is that glue that hasn't dried?
Mary

Mary B. in Texas said...

Crystal, I have loved all of your spun cotton people but I think these pilgrims and Native Americans are my favorite. They are just fantastic.
Mary B. again

mimi k said...

are all those adorable turkeys gone already?! Can you bring one to meet-up on Wednesday- I really want one!

vivian said...

oh my god!!! I need to have lots of money, not that your work is expensive, because its not at all.. but because I want every single one of them! squealing here.. really! going back to look some more.
you are so at the top of my idol list right now.
hugs
vivian

laurie -magpie ethel said...

You are filling that crafting void...first Hanukkah and now Thanksgiving. Loving those turkeys! I did a show this weekend and a woman bought what I had that was blue for Hanukkah. I told her about your shop and new creations...she said she would check you out!

barbara said...

Crystal, these are just great. I am so looking forward to the end of my tuition-paying era so I can devote an equal amount of money to buying up your wonderful things. I love the sweet faces on the Native American girls. (Especially that one with the muff!) And happy upcoming birthday to you!

magikalseasons said...

Wow Crystal! I don't decorate too much for Thanksgiving but your Thanksgiving goodies are making me rethink that! Just wonderful loving the turkeys! :) Becca

Birds of a Feather said...

hello friend ~ these are wonderful, i'm cracking up over the turkys, they have so much personality!

hope all is well - hope to see your sweet self soon!
xo h