Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Aahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!


Ok...So the photos in this post are more of an eye-sore than eye candy, but I wanted to show you why I've been a little MIA lately....

It's been work work work for the past two months and it I'm still not ready for the three shows I have coming up in least than two weeks! I did clean my studio, believe it or not, but once I get working, it turns disaster zone in no time.

I have sooo many New Year's resolutions regarding my little business. The first one is...redo my entire studio! I'm so incredibly excited about this. Once the holidays are over (but don't get me wrong...I plan to enjoy them fully and don't want them to whiz right by) and January hits, I'm pulling the entire contents of my studio out (where am I going to put it you ask? we'll cross that bridge when we get there...lol) and repainting the walls...I'm thinking either a light sky blue/turquoise or just a cream and add the color with the furniture...what do you think I should do? Then I'm going on Craigslist and Ben is going to cart me around in his work van to pick up unwanted bookcases and shelves all over Boston. I'll paint them to match the room...but I need the walls of this tiny room to be covered in shelving.

Then I'm going to organize all of my supplies and goodies and put about half back in the studio. The other half will be put in storage (for when I move into my big beautiful house a couple of years down the road) or sold (keep an eye out in my vintage Etsy store for goodie packs, supplies and vintage treasures in January and February.

I can't wait for it to be done and I'll be so much more organized and it will speed up the creative process too (I don't know how many wasted 10's of minutes were spent looking for something I was holding five seconds ago!).

Another resolution I'm looking forward to working on next year is changing the way I create and offer my goodies (it will be much better, trust me). And this includes an easy-squeezy wholesale catalog for you retailers out there! I'll write more about it later.
This is after I cleaned up believe it or not.

Yup...that chair is where I sit and work...I don't even use a garbage...I just let the bits and scraps fall where they may.

My crepe paper collection always proves to be in fairly good order! :)

I'll be posting photos of my studio transformation when it happens! Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have some new years resolutions to follow thru on. I can't even imagine taking everything out of my studio out and painting...that is a monumental task in itself! Love to get a glimpse of where you work...it is as disorganized as mine. (and I am a fairly organized person) Have a wonderful thanksgiving. Good luck with your upcoming shows!!!!

Lenae May said...

Awesome studio room, I can relate, some of my best work comes out of a room like that as I sure yours does too. Just wanted to stop in a wish you a Merry Christmas.

Lenae

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love it and am going to have to send a picture of your studio to my mother. She just came to visit and was giving me a hard time about my work space. Was I get to creating, I have a super hard time staying organized.

:)
Nicole

Daydreams and Nightmares said...

Wow! I thought I was the only one with chaos in my work space. Once I'm in the creative mode & on a roll, the last thing I want to do is interrupt it to clean...and I HATE wasting time hunting for my supplies! grrr Looks like we have the same New Year's Resolutions. It's been my experience that those with tidy work spaces don't produce very much....so how do we stay organized & work, work, work!? What a delemma. Smiles, Gloria

Melissa said...

Holy paper scraps! Your studio looks like a very creative place. I need to clean mine up and reorganize over Christmas break as well. Mine is cluttered and when that happens I get what I call, "creative constipation"! I know what you mean by spending a lot of time looking for something that is right in front of your face!
Good luck with your studio, I'm sure it will look great when you are through with it! Love your work!
Smiles-
Melissa

Our Hands For Hope said...

I love that your studio looks like this! I think there should be a new magazine called "After women create". That seems more like real life!
I've enjoyed myself here. Came over cause I saw the cutist little Santas and had to check them out for myself. Yep they are cute!
Terisa