Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Completely MIA for a reason... :)

Wow! I can't believe it's been since November since I've updated you guys on the goings on around here! But trust me...there's a reason... A pretty, whimsical, glittery, and EXHAUSTING reason!

This is pretty much my first year doing shows...earlier this year I did some rather small ones here and there just to get a feel for it, but this holiday season I decided to dive in fully clothed, so to speak. Back in August I applied to two major juried Boston shows and signed up for what I thought was a small show (not too small afterall...I sold 65% of my wares there!). I got into both major shows (yay!) and decided to do them both (what the heck...right?). Well, three shows in two weekends was a major haul! Not to mention that I got a late start on my Christmas goodies because I couldn't stop making Halloween figures in October (silly me). But I've been working and working and working all November and into December. As you can see from the photos, I made quite a few cuties for the shows! I did some doubles of my favorite pieces, but most pieces were one of a kind.

Soooo...I've got a few more custom orders to finish up today and tomorrow and then it's a nice long break for me! I did some decorating just after Thanksgiving but I still haven't put up my tree! :( Hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow. My little sister and her friend are coming into Boston from New York to visit this weekend (they're 16 and 17 and alot of fun!). Then they'll drive back to New York on Christmas Eve with Ben and I. I've got a bunch of fun things planned out and I can't wait to kick back and take it easy for a while! :)

This is my dining room table (that I desperately want to paint white), filled with bat girls and santa's and snow girls and boys and animals...

This is my booth at the Bazaar Bizarre, my second show. I didn't even get to snaps photos of my booth at the first show because it was so busy! (A very good thing of course!)

Close up of acrobatic vixens, a panda and a juggler (I finished them up at the last minute the night before the show).

I also had a few of my mom's needle felted baby angels. They got alot of attention!

I still have some of these larger pieces, drop me a line if you're interested! :)

This is my booth for is weekend long SOWA Holiday Market in the South End. So many nice people!!

A closeup of the wares.

I had a lot of fun at the shows and it was really nice to see so many people picking and choosing gifts for their loved ones (and themselves!). I can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crystal,
Was wondering where you were, but what a good excuse you had! Your stuff looks amazing all together like that. Glad the shows went well..is nerve wracking at first, but once people start buying and the compliments come, it is really fun! Your hard work has paid off! Time for a well earned rest!