Monday, December 6, 2010

What a weekend!

What a weekend indeed! I am exhausted, but happy! On Friday I drove down to Manhattan for the preview party for the Martha Stewart Holiday Craft Fair. I saw lots of familiar faces and met many new people...it was so great! Saturday was the big show...after working hard all November long my table was nicely stocked. So many wonderful people came to the show and the line down the sidewalk was steady for several hours (or so I heard). I even met a few fabulous blog readers!! It was so great meeting you!!

I organized my table by color. I think it looked nice!

Martha came by a few times early on and made a b-line for my pile of icicles, just like she did last year. She said she has many trees (as I already knew of course) but puts the icicles on the tree in her server's pantry. I told her that's where I hang my icicles too. ;-)

I was located on the end of the row right next to this wonderful display of projects straight from the magazine, complete with large blow ups of each spread.

These were my favorites. I don't really like non-chocolate or non-skittles candy...but these arrangements still made my mouth water! Look at those little gum drop people!

This year I had a good amount of time to walk around and chat and check out the other goodies being offered. Like the adorable hand sewn animal ornaments at the table next to me. And the cute little vintage corsages made by Laurie and the truly amazing brass acorn pendents made by MS crafter Hosanna Houser (we did a sort of trade and Mr. Squirrel guarded her acorns...except for the one I'm wearing!). Antique spun cotton icicles from the "ex-antiques editor" were tempting but at 20 bucks a pop I thought not. The cookies by Dani looked way too to eat and were staring at me from across the hallway the whole time. MS crafter Kristin St. Clair brought her birdie along in a neat vintage travel cage. I can't remember her name but she was adorable! :)

And the fabulous Miss. Heather was with with me. She was a huge help and is so much fun!

The Bazaar Bizarre in Boston was a little more laid back because along with the other Boston Handmade gals, my table was off in a little room on the side. This was nice because people didn't feel rushed and I got to chat a little more...something I love to do!

I also found time to make the rounds during the show to see what other awesome goodies there were. Large crows and even larger crickets were amazingly crafted. I love this star headband and can imagine perhaps some bridesmaids wearing similar ones? The graphics on this yummy smelling soap were so adorable! I wouldn't want to wash with it...just look at it! And the bug rings and pretty necklaces made by the super sweet and talented Elizabeth Ryan are going on my holiday wish list.

Sigh...at this point near the end of the day I'm happy but very hungry with pizza on the brain! And my booth is looking very Charlie Brown-ish. :)

On the way back home, Ben swung down this side street and sure enough, the crazy Christmas house was in full boom with a magical story telling light show! What a way to kick off the Christmas season!

Thank you so much to all of those who stopped by to visit me in NY and in Boston and thanks to everyone who scooped up a figure or two from yesterday's update (only the two mermaids remain). Now it's time to burn the midnight oil once again in preparation for this weekend's SOWA Holiday Show! If I didn't see you this past weekend, hopefully I'll see you soon! :)

5 comments:

Walter Silva said...

Crystal it was no nice meeting you @ Bazaar Bizzare Boston, you are one class act! I love the yellow chic, I bought from you. It has found a home on my shelf with other inspiring artifacts. Good luck in preparations for SOWA.

Walter Silva said...

Oops, I meant to type "SO" not no, lol.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Glad the shows went well and that your creations flew off your table. Fun to see what the other vendors were up to...thanks for sharing. I have my big show this weekend- crazy, crazy here now!

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Crystal, Thanks so much for sharing your weekend with us, I sure wish I could meet you some day, love your work, so I enjoyed reading all about it. Happy Holiday's to you and Ben. Hugs, Terri

Mary said...

I had so much fun at the Martha Holiday Craft Show. It was such a pleasure to meet you and add some more of your fabulous creations to my collection!